Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Week!

We've been busy this first week. Although, I need to help my grandmother work on her self-introductions. I'll tell you why in just a moment.

Anyways, I've already seen an improvement with Gabe on his schooling. He seems to be retaining better and has become more descriptive of the things he does. We've had fun this first week of home schooling and he has admitted that he likes his home school much, much more than regular school .

He also went on his home school excursion this week to the Atlanta History Museum. He did a great job on describing what he did and learned to me that evening. They did a lot of tours, classes, and the whatnot. The only thing that disappointed me was that no one really reached out to them. Maybe it is simply my nature, but any group trip I've been on that has contained strangers, I have always tried to be welcoming and say hi and help along. It could be my grandmother is too shy. I don't know, I wish I had been there and not at work. I know I am much more outgoing, so that could be an issue for her to conquer. Gabe was sad a little that he didn't make new friends, but he loved the adventure.

Botanical Gardens are tomorrow. Maybe they'll make new friends then.

However, in terms of his standard subjects, he's doing great and I'm very excited on his progress. I do need to find a 'national level' test to administer to him before the year is out. Ah well. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment